About the Designer...
La Del Designs was founded by Interior Designer, Laurie Delaney in 1998 when she began designing for her husbands remodeling company, Under the SON Property Services. Laurie has been a talented designer since she can remember and has always helped friends, family and clients coordinate their space, select colors, furnishings and lighting and everything in between. In 2005, she decided to take her talents to another level and obtain a degree in Interior Design in order to become a respected and accredited ASID designer.
How is she different?
Laurie listens to her clients and then makes her recommendations based on their needs and desires. She feels it is her job to "direct and help" the client, not run the show and make it another cookie cutter project. Every project she has completed is original and she strives to make each one demonstrate the personality and style of the clients home and lifestyle.
Design mistakes can be very expensive, in terms of time and money and in your overall happiness with the final result. To achieve the refined look of an interior designer requires a blend of training and talent that produces successful results. La Del Designs works with you to avoid the pitfalls of a disappointing project and ensures that you are happy with your newly decorated interior.
Common Design Errors:
Some of the common design errors that La Del Designs helps you avoid include:
- Lack of experience with material availability and quality
- Color schemes that are bland or uncomplimentary
- Furniture and objects that are too numerous (or the wrong scale), creating a cluttered look
- Style and fabrics are not complemented or offset from room to room
- Purchased materials and furniture that don't meet your needs or last
- Remodels that look like afterthoughts and don’t flow with the rest of the house
- Highlighted areas and lighting that are not used properly
Laurie is a freelance writer for the "San Diego Examiner." You can read the latest articles by logging on to: http://www.examiner.com/x-49817-San-Diego-Designer-Furniture-Examiner